Monday, March 28, 2011

Egg Painting; Or, How I Need A Steady Hand

Photobucket

Having dug out my long neglected art supplies, the fancy has taken me to not only play with my watercolours (as yesterday's post can witness), but with my acrylics as well.

Here you see two eggs I've been painting today.
Easter Egg - on blog
With tiny brush in hand I set forth, with grand visions of gorgeously decorated eggs dancing in my head.

The sad reality is that:
1) my acrylic painting skills are severely out of date
2) my hand is just not that steady!

With a bit of practice I hope to do the lovely shelly canvas better justice. For now, the rewards of my afternoon spent painting sit happily, awaiting the next few hours I can devote to their colourful additions.

In the meantime, I'm off to a Jane Austen book club meeting.
(which I suppose you might be able to guess have affected my writing in this post. How I do long to speak well, with the poise, grace and dignified vocabulary of an early 19th century lady!)

3 comments:

neferatowen said...

Those look amazing!!!

Frank Zweegers said...

Nice painted eggs.

Kathleen Dames said...

How cool! And I'm so jealous that you have a Jane Austen book club.