Friday, August 10, 2012

Indie Designer Day

PhotobucketDesigner: Toby Roxane Barna
Blog: Toby Roxane Designs
Rav ID: tobyroxanne
Some Great Designs: tobyroxane's Rav Designer Page

This week's designer shows off her delicate aesthetic in fantastic shawl designs.

The photo at right, Mansion House
(© Dennis F Barna), incorporates a great lace with an interesting shape. Now, I love a good, old fashioned triangular shawl, but this shape is really exciting, and I think, a bit more wearable than the triangle.

See it again here, with St. John's Wood and Piccadilly Circus. I love them all. This could really get me into the shawl-knitting mode, instead of just the shawl-dreaming mode!

Lest you think shawls are all she designs, there are other lovely garments like her Sweet William shrug and X-Mitts fingerless mitts.
I really dig the Sweet William shrug in particular because of its interesting, asymmetrical shape and pretty, gently ruffled edging.

I can't wait to see more work by this designer!

No comments: