Friday, August 03, 2012

Indie Designer Day

PhotobucketDesigner: Rachel Atkinson
Blog: my life in knitwear
Rav ID: knittingtastic
Some Great Designs: knittingtastic's Rav Designer Page

This week's designer states that she specializes in "...bright and bold designs for the modern knitter with patterns suitable for all skill levels."
Does she ever!

Just check out the fab socks, Into the Groove. This is such a great bright and such a stunning bold!
The texture stands out as the focal point to this design. I have to admit to being partial to the colour she's chosen as well, but even envisioning this design in something like a deep navy blue, I think it holds plenty of pop.

She's also been published on numerous occasions in Knit Now. See my faves from this magazine, Riviera Scarflette and Kind Hearts & Coronets. Both are perfect markers of her style. Both are sweet and wearable knits. Knits with personality; bold, bright and modern!

1 comment:

Meredith MC said...

Those socks are fantastic. I really appreciate this feature of your blog and I always look forward to indie designer day! Thank you.