Thursday, July 08, 2010

Powerful Colourful

Photobucket

Ahh, July.

Your powerful sunshine is perfect for showing off the latest of my stash enhancements.

This time, though, it was a gift!

Not only did I get the pleasure of cat-sitting for a friend (her two very sweet wee felines), I received a surprise pair of perfectly golden hanks of yarn!

Hmmm, what will they become?




This month of Julius and its practically hellish heat has melted my knitbrains, and I'm left with only a vague idea of what it's like to need to wear knitted garments.

And an even vaguer idea of what sort of pattern will do this yarn justice!

Any suggestions?

4 comments:

Ellen said...

I know what you mean about summer knitting...I'm trying, but nothing has come off the needles as of yet!
I don't seem to have any ideas for a good pattern for the yarn, but I hope you can find one...they're such beautiful skeins!

standingquietintherain said...

I did a quick search in Ravelry for this yarn. I don't know exactly what it was (is it fingering yarn?), but I found a few patterns that would be sweet in that color:
Whisper Cardigan

Octopus

Both of these are purchased patterns, but maybe it's a start . . .

Don't let that hot sun fool you--you'll need those woolens soon anyway. ;-)

Julie said...

oooh, cat-sitting that results in free yarn?! that's awesome!! The colour is just amazing.

standingquietintherain said...

Hey--I was just surfing my Ravelry forums & saw that the Whisper Cardigan is part of a KAL in the Anthropologie Group . . . just thought I'd pass that along since I think this cardi would be fab in that gold.