Friday, March 06, 2009

Indie Designer Day

Photobucket
Designer: MacGirlver
Rav ID: MacGirlver
Some Great Designs: MacGirlver's Rav Projects Page

Oh, the things you can do with a creative mind and a modifiable pattern!

MacGirlver has demonstrated some great adaptive skills with her First Sweater (pictured right) and her Diamond Shrug. Both are based on the"Incredible Custom-Fit Raglan", but with the variance in design elements I'd say she's made these knits her own.

I really love the raglan hoodie; I think my favourite part is the spot where the bottom ribbing and the deepest part of the neckline come thisclose to touching.

She also has a beautiful Bag to her designing credit. I don't think I've ever seen a seed stitch matched so nicely with sinuous, rather dramatic cables.

While MacGirlver does not currently publish a blog, she's informed me that she hopes to have one up by this summer. It will include some of her designs; a minidress, some tees, a sweater, a nightie and a bikini.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Another one to watch! I love that she's a knitter who looks like she can kick some serious butt, too. :)