Thursday, June 04, 2015

Skills Expansion: Embroidery and Shading

I'm pretty psyched for this embroidery class I've signed up for.
It's with Follow the White Bunny. Check out her shop, she has some amazing stuff!


The class is on using shading in embroidery. Beginning on the 18th, it's a 4-week online course that will teach you to understand how shading works, the basic shading techniques, and how to choose and use colours and shades effectively. And you get to learn through this fantastic bird and flower pattern. Isn't it gorgeous?

I'm most excited about the possibilities this holds for both transfer to knitting (embroidery on knitting with yarn = exciting!) as well as embellishment on my sewn garments.

Wanna join? It's going to be so much fun!

1 comment:

Jean said...

I have not finished the Red Gate Stitchery kit... or the patterns I bought before Red Letter Day closed. I wish I had 4 pairs of hands. But I guess I would need 3 more brains, too.