Monday, March 10, 2014

Beer Embroidery Complete! On to more Crafting!

I have an embroidery FO for ya!

Raise a Glass!

This was a very fun project.
I'm getting pretty keen on embroidery; it's colourful, soothing, compact, and a great way for me to use the scads of embroidery floss remaining from my childhood. 

What with the wonderfully large amount of foam-replicating French knots on this piece, I now feel I'm a near-expert-French-knotter.  I did have some issues at first, though, which were based entirely on my misreading instructions. I couldn't understand why my knots would keep unraveling. The source of the problem was when I wrapped the floss around the needle; I mistakenly had the needle pointing downwards. All those wee wraps just slipped off instead of knotting as they should.
Easy solution! Just make sure to point that needle up!

Looking forward to the next Red Letter Day Stitches pattern!

2 comments:

Meredith MC said...

I can't wait to start mine! Thanks again!

Katie said...

It looks so great! I'm so proud of you for figuring out the french knots!