Friday, February 21, 2014

Indie Designer Day

Designer: Sue Lazenby
Rav ID: suseknits
Some Great Designs: suseknits' Rav Designer Page


Key words for this week's designer: cozy texture. Her work makes me want the chilly months to last and last!

Featured in the photo at right, Bark, is a shawl with two sizes, instructions on adjusting size, adding stripes, and a top-down construction. It was inspired by trees, which has me won over right away!

I'm also quite a fan of her Lichen and Moss Cowl
and hat. This set pair to create a great, unisex, cold-weather knit. Any birthdays coming up? Get knitting! I think there's no way these designs wouldn't go over a treat!

And her newest pattern is lovely as well: the Snowflakes & Icicles shawl. It's so new, in fact, that the KAL for it is still going on! It's pretty and delicate and incorporates beads into the knitting. I love beaded knitting!

No comments: