Friday, October 05, 2012

Indie Designer Day

PhotobucketDesigner: Katja Ottosson
Blog: Woolly World Knits
Rav ID: Kutja
Some Great Designs: Kutja's Rav Designer Page

Beautifully photographed and filled with wonderful designs, Kutja's blog is a fantastic place to visit on a breezy October afternoon.
(I particularly like this post about the importance of blocking).

It gets me in the knittin mood, especially when I'm greeted with patterns like Arya (pictured).


Smocked Sheaf Beret might be my favourite pattern she's yet published.  While it might be a simple beret, it has a fantastic texture that puts a spin on this traditional autumnal hat.

There's also a pair of fingerless mitts she's published: Canella. A simple cable runs up these mitts and makes for an easy, quick knit, the perfect sort of thing for a last-minute gift!

When I asked Kutja about being featured as an indie designer, she said:

"I’m working on a couple of new designs over the next period, which I’m very exited about. :)"

Me too!

Since then, she's published Webby, a slouchy hat, and Avena, a pair of extra long cabled mitts.
Looking forward to her next designs!

1 comment:

Katja said...

Thanks so much for your kind words! I feel very honored to be featured here. :)