Friday, June 13, 2014

Indie Designer Day

Designer: Casapinka
Blog: casapinka
Rav ID: casapinka
Some Great Designs: casapinka's Rav Designer Page

If I had to pick one word to describe this week's designer, it would be FUN!
To give you a taste, here's a line from her designer bio: " Currently taking time off from my job as an ER doctor since they wouldn’t let me use my knitted stethoscope, even though patients always thought it was nice and warm."

Check out the featured photo of the MUSTWAX Sweater. Fun! Like I said! Something you can't see in the photo is the great sleeve detail: if you put your arms together, you get another mustache!

And since I've featured the MUSTWAX Sweater, I'd be amiss if I didn't point out the Mustache Cuffs :)

She's not just all about the mustaches; look at Cowl Play ebook. It contains three different colourwork cowls, each with two different heights/lengths. Very cool! Customizable cowls!

There's also the Bunting Baby Blanket, which continues my tradition of finding baby patterns that I'd really, actually, like for my own grown-up self. The inspiration came from a design challenge posed by Lion Brand in her work as a student in the Hand Knitting Design program at the Rhode Island School of Design. It's totes cute.

Finally, here's Bronwyn, a supercute cape!

No comments: