Friday, August 30, 2013

Indie Designer Revisit

Designer: Marylene Lynx
Blog: Marylene's Blog
Rav ID: marlynx
Some Great Designs: marlynx's Rav Designer Page
Original Indie Designer Post: July 16, 2010

In my original post, I described marlynx's work as having a soft, easy romanticism.
I'm sure you'll agree that aesthetic continues, over three years on.

There's three patterns I'll be pointing out to you, representing just a fraction of the new designs she's published since July 2010:

Zelda, a sleeveless top that cascades, beautifully, down towards a gentle ruffle and undulating bottom edge. Delicate, pretty, perfect warm-weather knit. 

In a show of talented colourwork, there's the Ingrid's Mitts and the matching Ingrid's Beanie.  It's no simple thing to combine so many colour and patterns into one piece as a cohesive whole. These are some of the most riotously-lovely winter accessories I've seen in a long time.

As a strong, almost exclusive, self-publisher, I very much admire marlynx's output! It's a lot of work to self-publish (or independently-publish, as I prefer the terminology). Looking forward to more of your designs!

No comments: