Friday, August 23, 2013

Indie Designer Day

Designer: Kira Dulaney
Site: Kira K Designs
Rav ID: kirakdesigns
Some Great Designs: kirakdesign's Rav Designer Page

This designer has over 80 patterns! You need to check them out. I'm just going to give a teaser here of two.

Rose Window Slouch, which is pictured, is a very pretty and wearable crochet hat. YES! Crochet hat. This might be be nicest crocheted hat I've ever seen. It uses the strengths of that needlework to good effect, with interesting texture and lovely openwork.

And another hat, this one knit: Mandala. Again, there's some fantastic texture here. It's really getting me in the mood for the autumn! I love how the cables dance towards a beautifully interlaced centre.

So yes, just a quick tasting here. Browse through her work to see so much more!

1 comment:

ChrisC said...

The Mandala hat is a super-fun knit! I've done sample knitting for Kira, and along with having awesome designs, she's also just a really sweet person. I highly recommend her patterns!