Friday, April 05, 2013

Indie Designer Day

Designer: Mindy Wilkes
Blog: Sharp Pointy Sticks
Rav ID: Mindy
Some Great Designs: Mindy's Rav Designer Page

A designer with a strong talent and focus, Mindy has a wonderful array of shawls, shawlettes, and scarves.

The most recent, and possibly my favourite, is Long Night. Pictured here, you can see that this is a beautifully simple shawl with just the right touches of shape and textural interest. I love its drape and twist, the lacy openwork along the bottom edge gently ruffling outwards to form a very pleasing, organic shape.

Snow Moon is a lovely, light shawl, that just "hints at snow". Such a great image! Short rows form a crescent shape to this piece.

Unbelievable, the Holden Shawlette is a free pattern. The textural dance of the lace and lines of this shawl are incredibly pretty.

Though there's plenty more to see, I'll wrap it up today with Mindy's Harvest Moon.  This piece won my heart with its affinity to falling leaves.

Are you in to twitter? You can follow Mindy there @mindysw, "where I talk about knitting, yarn, food, my kids, Down syndrome, or whatever random thought crosses my mind."

No comments: