Friday, November 25, 2011

Indie Designer Revisited

PhotobucketDesigner: Lauren Osborne
Blog: Hungry Knitter
Rav ID: lauren0
Some Great Designs: lauren0's Rav Designer Page
Original Indie Designer Post: March 13, 2009

When I first profiled laurenO, she had one design published. It was such a great piece I knew I wanted to share it with all you readers.

Fast forward about 2.5 years, and she now has more, and even more fantastic, patterns posted.

As both a knitter and crocheter, laurenO displays great design talent in each craft.

I chose to include a photo of her
Brocade Socks for several reasons. First off, they're beautiful! But also, something about that colourwork is getting me in the seasonal mood. Possible suggestion for a knit gift to a much beloved recipient?

Her first pattern was self published, as is the pretty Macro Mitts. A pair of knit mitts in great graphic colourwork, these are a wonderful, traditional-looking project that can suit a very wide range of people: men, women, children, young, old, and all!

She's also been published and featured in a variety of other arenas, including this Knit Picks design, Frank. Frank is a pair of mitts with yet another example of great colourwork. This time, it's architecturally inspired and wonderfully geometrical.

Crochet Today has also published her work: the Stuffable Stockings (which are defo time appropriate!) would make a fantastic wee gifty for many. I think I just might make one for my (as yet un-stockinged) lovebird Elbie.1

Keep a look out for laurenO designs - they're always bound to impress.
____________
1 It's just occurred to me: ya'll haven't met my young, and rather naughty, lovebird Elbie. Hmm... that's for another post!

2 comments:

LittleCanoe said...

Oh my gosh, what beautiful patterns! Love the mittens. WIll surely need to make a pair of those this winter!

Erin Kate said...

Beautiful! I love those socks. Great feature!