Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Knot Tying 101; Or, How Wedding Planning Comes Along

...wherein I natter on about my nuptials, and I'm all about those crafts!...

My deeply-ingrained love of making lists, and subsequently checking things off said lists, is one of the big things propelling me forward in my on-going task of wedding planning.

See here the most recent of checks, my "bouquet wrap".
Photobucket
In one of my last wedding posts I mentioned that I would be crafting with several wee framed photos. This is the end product.

Since I'll be making my own bouquet, I thought it'd be nice to add some personal flair.

My wedding gown had to be hemmed up (about 6" up!) and with the extra silk I embroidered this little design.
The photos are of his & my parents' and grandparents' weddings.
The ring stitched on is his great grandmother's, purchased in the 1920s. I wanted to incorporate it into the day somehow, and unfortunately it's about 3 sizes too big for me to wear.
So, on to the bouquet wrap it goes.

And in non-crafty news...

About a month ago we had our engagement photos taken (yes, clearly not any time near our actual engagement, but it was included in the wedding package so we had them done.)
Here is a link to our photographer's blog, where she's posted just a few of the images she took on the day.
You *might* recognize the background of these photos; it's served as a photo shoot for me before!

8 comments:

juicyknits said...

I went immediately to photographer's blog. Your pics are wonderful.

Sarah said...

Awwww! The photos of you two are just wonderful!

Ellen said...

Love the engagement photos, very cute! And I really like how you incorporated the photos and ring into your day, so creative!

LittleCanoe said...

So cute! You make an adorable couple. I can't wait to see the wedding pics!

Fel said...

Beautiful pictures! :D

kingshearte said...

I love the one where you're sitting a nd looking at each other, fractions of a second away from busting out laughing. And I also love the "She said yes" heart. You got a lot of great stuff there.

Hilary said...

Oh, VERY cool. That is going to be a family heirloom for sure! And your photos? Absolutely gorgeous. The one of the two of you standing against a wall with the little hearts around is my favorite. What a beautiful couple!!

Rika said...

Cute pictures! And love the bouquet wrap :).