Friday, May 14, 2010

Indie Designer Day

PhotobucketDesigner: Christi Wasson
Blog: Knitti~Christi
Rav ID: KnittiChristi
Some Great Designs: KnittiChristi's Rav Designer Page

It's not surprising that the My Striped and Slouchy Hat (pictured) is a very popular design. One of my favourite things to do when I come across a simple, cool design like this is check out other knitters yarn/colour choices. It's fascinating! This hat looks great in all its versions - just check out the projects page on Rav! There's bee-striped ones, ones for kids, and even one with sequins!

And to me, that's the beauties of knitting and designing. So many different hands have so many different takes on the same pattern.

KnittiChristi has a couple more cute hats I'd like to mention, her argyle cuteness called Chaos Theory and the birdy cuteness of Taking Flight. While I'm always a sucker for argyle, I have to say one of my favourite parts of Chaos Theory is the pretty and graceful way she's designed the colourwork for the crown of the hat. Very well done!
Taking Flight offers the knitter two options - either a wee sparrow or a wide-eyed owl. I really enjoy the interesting background of dots around the hat - pairing these with the large graphic of the bird works together beautifully.

And lest you think all she designs are hats, here is a cute little pattern, My Cup Cozy. Not only is it wee and sweet, it's a stash buster, quick present, and a helping hand for our environment - I know I'd rather use this cozy instead of a paper sleeve any day!

2 comments:

Hilary said...

What a fun designer! I love the whimsy she's added to her designs, especially in Taking Flight. So cute!

I hope you have a great weekend!

Julie said...

I've been eyeballing that taking flight scarf, it's so pretty!! Can't wait for the pattern.