Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Lilac Lova; And/Or, How I Thank You Readers

LilacI've gone nutty.
Spring has somehow settled in my veins and brains, and I now run the risk of turning this into a consta-pretty-nature posting blog.

Here you see a selection of lilacs happily bloomed just outside my place o' work.
Though the pink ones are very charming, the purple have the best scent ever.
Lilac
My knitting mojo hasn't stopped. Quite the contrary, actually.
Astonishingly I've been on a "finish the damn UFO" kick, and have polished off one in the past couple of days, and have now voraciously moved on to two more of the proverbial monkeys on my back.
Hooray for knitmojo!
Birdy Bath

I'll hopefully have some FO pics for you all tomorrow (which I plan to spend on a Mr. Toad's Wild Ride of bridal crap shopping and Royal Botanical Garden frolicking).

In the meantime, I leave you with an adorable birds-bathing-in-fountain pic.
___________________
On a separate note - I'd like to thank all you wonderful readers and commenters. Unfortunately, blogger doesn't really facilitate easy thanking-and-feedbacking for authors, so I'll be holding a Reader Appreciation Giveaway instead! It'll begin in the next few weeks. I've yet to iron out the details, but stay tuned!
___________________

5 comments:

Ellen said...

Mmm, I love lilacs. Can't wait to see your latest FOs! :)

Team Knit said...

just look at all that spring loveliness you've posted up there to share! Those pictures are gorgeous, I love spring buds on trees. And those little birds- who can't help but smile at that?!

- Julie

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Gorgeous flowers.. have fun at the RBG.. I love it there

LittleCanoe said...

So pretty. I can almost smell them!

Hilary said...

I can't get enough of the springtimey goodness (especially since it is grey and icky in San Francisco) -- so keep it coming! Especially the lilacs!