Friday, May 29, 2009

Indie Designer Day

Leafy
Designer: Tatiana
Blog: Blueberry Place
Rav ID: blueberry-place
Some Great Designs: blueberry-place's Rav Projects Page

Sometimes it's truly amazing to see the amount of creativity and knit-beauty that can come from one designer's fingers and brain!

This week's designer, blueberry-place, is a perfect example of this - so much so that I've had to give ya'll a wee listy at the end of this post to point you to some of my favourites on her Rav Projects Page.

But, I will talk about just two of them, to whet your proverbial fibre-appetites.

First we have Leafy (pictured right). Delicate cable designs on purl background make me weak at the knees, and when I laid eyes on this one I nearly hit the floor. How fantastic! It's difficult to choose a favourite design element with this one, but I'll have to point to the creative arched framing of the centre leaf with those curving cable vines!

Secondly, take a gander at her Cabled Cardi. The combination of multiple and various popping textures and cables make this sweater attractive in the extreme. It also appears highly functional as well, like something you could wear all the time in the autumn (or leave slung over your chair in the cold, cold office during the summer).

As promised, here is a list of some other great to gander:
Leaves and Berries Sweater
Eights and Bobbles Hat
Crystal Lace Pullover
Sunny Crochet Top

7 comments:

Hilary said...

Wow -- fabulous designs, and I'm amazed by the sheer number of lace/complicated sweaters on her Rav projects page!!

Anonymous said...

Inspiring! Once again, indie designer day means more favorites in my notebook...

LittleCanoe said...

wow! such talent!

Team Knit said...

gorgeous!! I love her designs.

- Julie

Anonymous said...

Lovely! Beautiful design.

Little Brown Nuthatch said...

I am in awe!

Blueberry Place said...

I just wanted to take a minute to thank each and every one of you for great comments. I get a lot of requests for my patters and I am happy to let you know that some of them will be available on Ravelry starting September 2009. Please let me know if you have any additional comments or requests. Your feedback is truly apreciated.
With love,
Blueberry Place ( or simply Tatiana) :-)