Friday, September 05, 2008

Indie Designer Day

Designer: Susanna
Rav ID: zuzusus
Some great designs: zuzusus's Rav design page

It's really too bad that this designer is blogless - but fortunate for us knitters that she's generous enough to share her wonderful patterns for free on Rav!
I must also admit there's a commonality between a number of my favourite designers - quite a few of them are art historians.
I think you can see her art historical-eye in the beautiful organic shapes she uses in her lace designs. She has several! - but I think my favourite is her Meandering Vines Shawl. Take a look at some of the projects on the Rav page - they're gorgeous!

I also thoroughly enjoy her descriptions on each pattern's front page. I like to get a bit of background on what the designer was inspired by when she/he created the pattern (she also give good tips on mods and how best to approach knitting the design itself).

Photobucket
Truth be telt, though: her pattern that really makes me itch with knit-anxiousness to begin are the wonderful Swirling Gauntlets.
I don't even need to say anything else - just look at them! I must cast on now!
I'm very much looking forward to any new designs that Susanna posts/publishes. Any knitter who can design lace and cables like this is certainly on my favourites list.

2 comments:

Team Knit said...

those gauntlets are awesome! you're lace AND cables- quite the combo. thanks for the introduction!

- Julie

Hilary said...

Ooooh...she's got some amazing stuff! Her lace is absolutely divine...