Thursday, September 24, 2015

Knitscene Winter 2015

I had the great pleasure to write a very special profile for the most recent issue of Knitscene.

 
© Knitscene/Harper Point Photography

It allowed me to meet two very kind and talented designers; Kiyomi and Sachiko Burgin. These twin sisters live in Toronto, not far from my own home, so one fine evening we met up outside a pretty wee coffee shop and chatted about their work, background, and design aesthetic.

The sisters have worked together to create a fantastic designer feature. I very much admire their ability to co-create; it demonstrates their harmonious habits and excellent communication, particularly because they each have a distinctive style.

I'll give you a quick run down of what they've created for this issue of Knitscene:

© Knitscene/Harper Point Photography

Kiyomi has designed the Little Norway Pullover, the Queen Street Sweater, and the Deep Woods Toque. They're all cool, but I have to say my favourite is the Deep Woods Toque. How pretty is that colourwork, and how FUN is that pop of neon peach in the pom pom?

© Knitscene/Harper Point Photography

Sachiko designed the Bay-and-Gable Tunic, the Yorkville Wrap, and the Casa Loma Jacket. Each speaks of her keen eye for texture, but I think the one that stands out most to me is the Yorkville Wrap.

No comments: