Friday, March 27, 2015

Indie Designer Revisit

Designer: Linda Skuya
Blog: Inmost Knitwear

Rav ID: ElevenHandmade
Some Great Designs: ElevenHandmade's Rav Designer Page
Original Indie Designer Post: April 1, 2011

This designer has been all over the crochet world since I first profiled her in 2011!

To name a few:

Crochetscene 2014 with her fun, openwork top Coldwave Sweater. I always love it when designers make crochet fun and wearable. I can absolutely imagine adding this to my warm-weather wardrobe.

Crochet! magazine featured her Florette Scarf, a delicate, fringed accessory.

The Polka Hat, from Interweave Crochet in 2012. This beanie is worked without seams, and has eye-catching contrast colour bobbles.

Inside Crochet had her Torquay Jumper, Vogue Knitting Crochet had her Ballet-Neck Tee, and (one of my favs) It Girl Crochet had her adorable Edie Clutch.

And this isn't even to mention the many patterns she's independantly published.
I'll show you two of my favourites.

First, is the pictured Slide Tank Top. I don't think I need to tell you all how awesome this is. Crochet short rows and great colours combine to create a really fun and attractive warm-weather top. Can't you see yourself in this one?!

And the colourwork wonderland that is the geometric Drop Down Top. Please take a look at these (and the rest of her work). You'll never think about crochet in the same way again.

No comments: