Friday, January 23, 2015

Indie Designer Day

Designer: Valérie Miller
Blog: KnitBug
Rav ID: KnitBugVal
Some Great Designs: KnitBugVal's Rav Designer Page

I love to profile my fellow Canadians. And a fellow Ontarion, even!

Valérie has a beautiful bilingual blog (to help me with my cereal-box Français). She says that it's techniques that drive her design process, her work evolving with each new skill she learns.

I know you all have your eyes on the pretty Fileuse. How could you not! Those spinning wheels make such a stand-out colourwork element, dancing around the yoke of this classically-shaped sweater.

I also really love her most recent patterns; there's the Spinster Cowl and Slouch, an accessory set that use flowing, luscious texture to create an attractive finished object.

There's also Cadboro, a garter stitch and knots tam. The pattern will be available on her blog for free until Februrary 1st, after which it will be available for $2.00. All proceeds from sales of this pattern will go to two foundations: Doctors Without Borders (Médecins sans frontières) and Free the Children (Enfants entraide).