Friday, September 27, 2013

Indie Designer Revisit

Designer: Susi Ferguson
Blog: runningsusi
Rav ID: runningsusi
Some Great Designs: runningsusi's Rav Designer Page
Original Indie Designer Post: September 3, 2010

Susi Ferguson's been quite a busy designer!
I sort of don't know where to start, what with all the cool stuff. So I'm going to point-form it for ya:

  • She tells me she's in the process of writing a book about Fair Trade with lots of new patterns, some using with fair trade yarn, some inspired by fair trade products. The book will also include articles about fair trade around the world. The book will come out some time next year. Watch her blog for details.
  • I'm rather jealous that she lives in the mountains in southern Germany and many of her designs are inspired by the scenery and moody color changes of the mountains. Just check out the gorgeous vest that she's currently testing on her blog.
  • She's recently I had designs published in Clotheshorse magazine (Naana and Glaser). I love the colourwork! Susi's let me know that sometimes the colours she originally envisioned for the pieces are changed by the magazine editors to more closely match the story theme. "I find this an interesting challenge that takes me beyond my comfort zone (of infinite blue shades) to playing and experimenting with completely new colors. I love that!" 
  • There's also the Riga sweater, a men's design, published in Cooperative Press' Fresh Designs: Men. A handsome piece indeed!
  • And finally, there's the very pretty independently-published Autumn Frost Socks (in the pic). I have a thing for complex colourwork lately. It's just getting my heart all a-flutter!

No comments: