Friday, July 19, 2013

Indie Designer Day

Designer: Rebecca Shepler
Blog: Dusty Tree
Rav ID: dustytreeknits
Some Great Designs: dustytreeknits's Rav Designer Page

I really like profile very new designers!

This week's indie designer has but two pattern listed on ravelry, and both of them are certainly worth a peek!

First up is the Going Up Cowl (pictured). It might be the colour choices, and it might also be my love of cowls, but you've got to admit the colourwork there is interesting and pretty in its simplicity.

There's also her Raleigh Mitts. What this pattern shows is her ability to work with both colourwork (Going Up Cowl) and lace. Again, a prettily simple lace, in an attractive and functional design.

Certainly a designer to keep an eye on! I'm looking forward to seeing her next designs.

ETA: She's let me know of an idea she has brewing for a collection, which I think sounds fantastic!
It's focusing on short rows (which I love!) used in a variety of ways. She says, "The collection will include accessories (hat, shawls and mittens). I’m inspired by how my young kids are discovering new things in nature."

No comments: