Thursday, February 14, 2013

Q and A: V day edition

Incidentally, Vday is a much better way to "celebrate" February 14 than your traditional lovey-dovey crap.

I've been honoured with a Liebster Award from the very kind and talented Kangath Knits!

For this, I'll answer 11 questions and name a few other knitwear designers I admire.

1) What kind of music do you like?
An often embarrassing variety.

2) Do you prefer the weather to be so cold your nose hairs freeze or so hot you sweat just thinking about moving?
Cold all the way! I hate sweating. Yuck.

3) If you were forced to choose only one knitting technique to use for the rest of your life, would it be cabling, colorwork, or lace?
Cables. I'm not really a lace kind of lady, and colourwork and I haven't found our groove quite yet.

4) What was the last book you read?
Cover-to-cover? I can't recall. But skimmed? Color: A Natural History of the Palette by Victoria Finlay. I don't really recommend it, unless you're looking for a book that goes on at length about stories that have nothing to do with colour history/psychology/application only to find a few little trivia facts (interesting though they may be) hidden in vast swathes of text.

5) How do you tie shoelaces?
Shoelaces are from the devil. Velcro is the creator's gift for the lazy.

6) Name one thing you have done that will you never do again.
Never is a pretty strong word, and assumes that I always have a choice in the matter, but if I could avoid it, I'd never play any sports ever ever again. 

7) Describe your relationship with your camera.
Hate hate. As in, I hate it and it really hates me.

8) Apples or bananas?
What! They're so different! It's almost like comparing apples and oranges! (yuk yuk yuk)

9) What scares you?
Centipedes. Even typing the word is just gross.

10) Name three knit designers whose work you admire.
Hilary Smith Callis, Allyson Dykhuizen and Sarah Wilson.

11) What do you like to do after a hard day?
Unwind with some tea or wine, chill with my lovebird Elbie, and plan out new designs!

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Wonderful, Teresa! It was fun to get to know you a little better.
P.S. I admire my camera . . . from a distance.

Hilary said...

Aww, thanks for the shout-out. :) I admire your work, too!! I loved reading this Q&A...your shoelace answer cracked me up.

Have a great weekend!