Friday, September 28, 2012

Indie Designer Revisited

PhotobucketDesigner: verybusymonkey
Blog: Verybusymonkey Designs
Rav ID: verybusymonkey
Some Great Designs: verybusymonkey's Rav Designer Page
Original Indie Designer Post: January 22, 2010

In my original post about verybusymonkey, I focused on her fabulous sock designs and interesting pattern set up and back story. This time around, there's oh so many beautiful shawls to show! (That's of course not to say that she hasn't designs more socks - there's plenty of those too! Head on over to the rav designer page to see more, plus this1 great deal!)

First up is the Hyde Park Shawl. I'm really digging the thin, scarf-like shawls lately, and this one is a wonderful example of all that's great about these knits.  Inspired by the serpentine at Hyde Park, this top-down, centre-out pattern has the magic words, "Worked entirely in one piece, with no seaming necessary!"  Oh yeah. No seams.

Second is the fantastically named Mulled Raspberry Shawl. This lace-covered beauty features a centre-out design and pretty picot edging.

Finally, check out the simple and fantastic Coast Starlight Shawl. It's hard to choose, but this might be my favourite, with its lengths of garter, interrupted most pleasantly by sweeping lines of yarn overs and a great lacy edging.

You can join her group on ravelry here.
____________
1"In honor of me being one of the featured designers for SKA’s October 2012 sockdown, I am offering a coupon for 10% off my sock patterns from now until the end of October, simply use: OctSKAVBM
NOTE: Helen Socks will not be discounted, but all other socks are!"

2 comments:

Sue said...

I just discovered your blog thanks to the VBM reference. And I discovered VBM recently when she started pumping out all of these gorgeous shawl patterns! My favorite is the Bernoulli Shawl. But ALL of her shawls are gorgeous. Good luck picking one to start with!

elineof said...

What a great idea to do a follow up and see where designers are at now! The shawl is stunning and seeing it made me want to knit it!