Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Noro Smile Times Strike Again

In what is most certainly my speediest yarn-purchase-to-FO turnaround time ever, here be a wee post about my nifty new armwarmers.

When I visited a very lovely yarn shop on Friday, I picked up a couple skeins of some purty Noro Silk Garden, and, being inspired by The Knitting Siren's Arm Warmers, I knit up this pair right quick - only took me 2 days!

I guess that's what happens when you're procrasti-knitting.

Incidentally, I have to reveal that the fact that the top-most part of the warmers have mis-matched colours does indeed rankle with me a bit. I'm working through it.

7 comments:

Julie said...

shockingly, I haven't seen those before!! Your noro arm warmers are awesome and look so cozy. I bet hardly anyone would notice the slightly mismatched arm warmer tops. They'll be too bust being dazzled by the loveliness and practically of noro arm warmers!

Leah said...

I actually tend to like mismatched Noro stripes. Gives character. They look great :)

Hilary said...

Wow, girl, that was fast! And they're gorgeous. I love how long and cozy they are. I wouldn't have noticed any mismatched-ness if you hadn't said anything. And, really, even after inspecting further, they don't even look mismatched. What a pretty fall knit!

Ellen said...

These are gorgeous! Though I admit the slight change in the stripes would annoy me too!

alittlebitofscrap said...

Love it!

Diana said...

Anything Noro goes for me. You did a great job and they are the THING to have this winter. I think of it this way (about the miss-match stripe)... you can tell the left from the right...

Chandi said...

I am into Noro right now and am making leg warmers. These are so cool and I would love to have and wear arm warmers like these! Hmmm. I just might have to make some!