Friday, October 24, 2008

Indie Designer Day

Photobucket
Designer: Emily Amelia
Blog: Not Another Knit Blog!
Rav ID: aemmeleia
Esty Shop: FolkLore Fiberarts
Some Great Designs: aemmeleia's Rav Designer Page

Sometimes I just call upon "happy thoughts" during my regular-ol'-everyday life. One of my happy thoughts are grapes. Yes, may sound weird, bizz-odd, even, but there were always grapes in my backyard growing up. Delicious, delicious grapes!

So, with the fantastical powers that Ravelry provides the knitting community, I decided one day to search patterns that had anything to do with grapes. The above-pictured mitt is the beauty-ful result of that search.

I guess I'm biased because of this here childhood memory, but I think these could possibly be the best colourworked mitts I've ever seen. I love them so much that I'm waiting to cast on, until I find the perfect yarn for this project!

The Icewine Mittens' wonderful designer, aemmeleia, is not only knittily creative, generous in her free-pattern offerings and multi-talented (check out her etsy shop, in the near future, for new additions! she makes lovely drop spindles), she's also got an imminent addition to her family on the way!
I must admit, seeing her sporting her recently finished Tilted Duster makes me realize that this pattern is worn at its best with a pregnant belly!

Another beautiful design she's created is the Autumn Tea Cozy. Very seasonally appropriate! It's really gorgeous - and it gives me a reason/excuse to buy just-that-one-ball of Noro Kueryon that I inevitably come across when perusing frolicking through any LYS.
_______________________________
Thanks to all readers for your positive response to this weekly featurette! This will be the last Indie Designer profiled for a few weeks, because I am off very soon for a long-overdue trip across the Atlantic. The featurette will return upon my... return!

3 comments:

erngrn said...

those are some great mittens!!

Sel and Poivre said...

I love anything with leaves so I think those mitts are great too! I also agree her tilted duster looks great on a pregnant bod!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the feature! I can't wait to see your own rendition of Icewine, in time :)