Monday, April 16, 2007

No Knitting, Just Baking

Settling in to a new place brings great changes. My yarn gets a new home, my crafting time has suffered, and my baking time has increased. Exhibit A: streusel from a package -
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

You may or may not notice the "core sample" I had to take for quality assurance purposes in the bottom centre muffin. I'm just good that way.

In other news, I have been working away on swaps (which for obvious reasons can't be discussed/posted) and have been feeling dreadful in my lag-time shame of not posting specs on Lady E II (yes, I do realize I could do it right now, at this very moment. The mood doesn't strike me as yet).

I will say that I am greatly looking forward to the Knitter's Frolic in Toronto (in just under two weeks!) and am slightly panicking because my usual list of wishes remains empty for this yarn enhancement endeavour. Any suggestions? I believe all the choices in my "Next on the Needles" list are covered by stash. Should I be terrible and just buy skeins as the impulse hits me?
Weigh in, my loyal readers! I clearly can't make such a weighty decision myself.

ps: The streusel were decent. They were particularly decent when dipped in the lovely chocolate fondue that I tried for the first time this very evening. Mmmm, chocolate and strawberries... and bananas... and blackberries....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

are you allergic to updating?