Friday, March 29, 2013

Indie Designer Revisit

Designer: Jenny Raymond
Blog: zJonquil Designs
Rav ID: zzwhitejd
Some Great Designs: zzwhitejd's Rav Designer Page
Original Indie Designer Post: May 15, 2009

Tidy, neat, and well-executed designs are a hallmark of this month's Indie Designer Revisit. I can see that she's something of a technician through her designs, but also her "Easy Graft". Check it:

Jenny’s Easy Graft:
"This technique is in some ways similar to a 3 Needle Bind Off, but does not incorporate the extra knit and BO stitch. Instead, this graft is obtained with a sewn edge, just like the Kitchener. It is perfect for sock toes, folds and any time you have 2 sets of live stitches you would otherwise be trying to seamlessly graft. This is not original to me, others have done it before… usually in error and completely confuzzled just like I was."

So now, let's take a look at her designs!

Since it's been almost four years (wow!) since I first profiled zzwhitejd, there's plenty of new work to see. In a cool little turn of events, I mentioned a pattern in the original post that had been frogged, and as luck would have it, it's been re-worked into an entirely new pattern, pictured here, the Vines Caplet (an adult version will follow!)
This pattern is part of an ebook, How Does Your Garden Grow? with 6 other delightful patterns for adults and children.

I'd also like to point out the very pretty Ardor, a tidy shawl capitalizing on the simplicity of textural variety.

She has crochet, too! I love to point out great crochet when I see it, and her Crochet Cowl Necklace pattern is one. I dig the sculptural swirls, twists, and bends that crochet can do for us. Beauty!

No comments: