Friday, November 16, 2012

Indie Designer Day

Designer: Lily Kate France
Blog: joli house
Rav ID: lilykate
Some Great Designs: lilykate's Rav Designer Page
There's been a few instances where I've profiled very young designers on Indie Designer Days, but I think this week's takes the cake:

Lilykate is a very talented 14-year-old designer, who already has many wonderful published patterns both independently and in magazines! (her mom is also a designer! See her lovely work as well here).

Her aesthetic is lovely, every-day-wearable. See the pictured McKee shawl, her latest design. I love the unexpected little short-row shaping. It adds so much to a simple piece.

Alysha is a very pretty cherry-cable hat. Something I can see myself wearing all the time in the chilly weather.

Kentmere is a garter stitch cowl with a twist - quite literally! Another cool weather wardrobe staple, it was this piece that first caught my eye and made me want to profile lilykate.

Finally, I'd like to point you in the direction of Haslam, a unique and beautifully simple shawl/wrap, which makes use of the most basic of eyelets to great effect.

2 comments:

Katja said...

Oooh, I love Lily Kate's designs! They're all very beautiful, and she's so incredibly talented.

Julie said...

I love her designs! they are really chic. Such an amazing, talented designer for sure!