Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Berlin Rawks Socks; Or, How My Socks were Rawked in Berlin

So, the second stop on my trip to Europe was Berlin.
I'll let the pictures do (most) of the talking.

Photobucket
You'll notice the weather was lovely.
Here is the Berliner Dom on Museum Island.

Photobucket
Brandenburg Gate.

Photobucket
How cool is this sewer cover? I totally dig.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Reichstag. Getting all angled and whatnot.

Photobucket
By the river, real close to the Reichstag.

Photobucket
There's a number of ways the Wall and its former path are physically marked out. This is just one of them.

Photobucket
Hey, cute buns!

Photobucket
I was lucky enough to be contacted by a blog reader, Jennifer, who was very kind and acted as my very own tour guide for an evening! Yeah, guess where we met up? How could I say no to yarn tourism! Here we're in front of the lovely shop, Handmade Berlin.

Photobucket
How thoughtful! Jennifer gifted me these adorable candies.
Yum!

Photobucket
This is some of what I came away with.

Photobucket
Chillin on a bench outside of Handmade Berlin, and this wee guy joined me!

Photobucket
Panorama nearto the Brandenburg Gate. Such a lovely day.

Photobucket
Panorama in the Pergamon Museum. Berlin is for art lovers.

Photobucket
Layers of posters. Reminds me of home!
Berlin was overall very comfortable. Things seemed familiar. I didn't feel like I had to always watch my behaviour, afraid I would do something "wrong" and look a fool.
I recommend Berlin to everyone!

Ok, I promise I'm almost totally done with all these.

Just one more installation... Munich!

3 comments:

Natalie Servant said...

I love the shot of the sewer cover.

Looks like you picked up some great yarn. Tourism yarn is almost guilt-free!

Erin said...

I love when knitting brings people together in foreign cities!
Lovely pics, again. Now this is a city I may get to go to. My other half has family there!

WorstedKnitt said...

Oh I love Berlin, can't wait to go back!