Friday, November 19, 2010

Indie Designer Day

PhotobucketDesigner: Lily Go
Blog: LilyGo
Rav ID: lprajogo
Some Great Designs: lprajogo's Rav Designer Page

I have dabbled in crochet. Generally, I found it didn't suit my style.
But every once in a while I stumble across a pattern that makes my hook hesitancy waver.

See lprajogo's Gathering Leaves, pictured right.
Her description:
"Gathering Leaves shawl is crocheted from the top down and starts with an easy leave motifs that repeats every 10 rows. Then from small leaves the pattern morph seamlessly into bigger leaves and ended with a beautiful tulip motifs."

She proves herself adept at lace knitting as well, with the beautiful Bella Shawl and more recently released Metropolitan Shawl. With Monsieur Hiver breezing in, I'm really getting the itch to whip up some warm and wonderful winter accessories!

And, just to give you a taste of a non-shawly design, check out her Sage Cardigan. Prettily classic, this cardi has the perfect amount of lace, texture, and a very cool collar!

3 comments:

Hilary said...

Wait a sec...that shawl is crocheted?! I had no idea crochet could be so light and airy! It looks so much like a knitted lace piece...it's kind of blowing my mind right now!

LittleCanoe said...

BEAUTIFUL!

Dyeforsocks1965 said...

Thanks for increasing my queue on Ravelry by about 7 patterns, lol. Gorgeous designs.