Thursday, March 18, 2010

Knit Picks Independent Designer; Or, I Get Yarn Happy!

As you may have noticed, I've been rather silent as of late.

Herein I proffer one of the reasons; that is, I've been busy as a bee working on some patterns. Way back in the penultimate months of 2009, I was invited to be part of Knit Picks Independent Designer Partnership Program. Flattered, I certainly was.

And of course my mind started a-whirring, dancing out ideas and buzzing on the excitement of new yarns and possibilities.

My YarnCrushTM as of late has been Knit Picks' Palette.
The first garment I've been working on for my Knit Picks trifecta1 is one I've lovingly titled Chauntecler (pictured in a rather dreamily-edited teaser photo at right).
It's a dress, short-sleeved, with lace detailing on the back. And I'm sure you can imagine, knitting a dress in fingering weight takes one a bit of time.

I do hope to have the pattern written up and ready for test-knitting in the near future (and I hesitate to give ya'll a solid date because, honestly, wedding stuff is greedily hogging a large portion of my time).

For now, I must apologize for my blog-neglect, and hop on over to my favourite knit spot and get to working on that dress!

__________________
1It's a trifecta, cause I've been cooking up not only the Chauntecler dress, but a couple of other, as yet unnamed, patterns, including another dress and a cabled sweater.

8 comments:

LittleCanoe said...

That's so exciting! I can't wait to see the results. Don't worry too much about blog neglect, it's understandable with all your wedding planning. Good luck!

Hilary said...

Woo hooo!! I can't wait to see your new designs! And congratulations on being invited to take part in the program!!

Ellen said...

How exciting! :D
I can't wait to see the dress finished, the description and photo have got my curiousity up!

Wendy said...

I'm so excited for you, what an honor to be asked to be a part of IDP. =) I love so many of your designs.

juicyknits said...

So exciting! If you need a test knitter, just shout! ;-)

Julie said...

oh gosh, that's awesome news!! And I'm sooo excited that one is a dress! if you need another test knitter, please don't hesitate to ask- I'd love to help!

evergreenknits said...

Wow, congrats! What a tremendous undertaking! I can't wait to see the dress ...

I'd be very curious to hear about your experiences with the IDP. I had an idea for a project swirling about in my head .... but I wasn't sure whether they take unsolicited patterns.

soknitpicky said...

That is a great teaser! Can't wait to see what your creative mind has come up with!