Friday, December 11, 2009

Indie Designer Day

PhotobucketDesigners: Anna & Heidi Pickles
Blog: Pickles
Rav ID: picklespatterns
Some Great Designs: picklespatterns' Rav Designer Page

Serendipitously1, our profilee for this week is the talented pickles.
Here pictured is the lovely ensemble of Hello New York - Scarf, Hat and Mittens. I love the simple combination of an unexpected colour combination, along with the variation in pattern and texture. This makes the three patterns "go" without being matchy-matchy. I'm very inspired!
(Incidentally, I recently heard that 'you can always tell a knitter because her winter accessories never match'. I must admit I'm guilty of this charge meself. Perhaps this holiday season will see me make up a lovely set of Hello New York accessories!)

Stylish, casual and interestingly constructed, the Baggy Bolero made my list of pickles patterns to point out (amongst the many wonderful ones she has). Perfect for this time of year, and easily adaptable to the warmer weather, this knit is simple and attractive.

Finally, I'll also draw your attention to her Warm winter mitts. The wee bit of colourwork along the cuff gives these winter essentials a subtle touch of class.

Check out her designer page on Rav - it's bursting with loveliness!
_______
1You can read about the supposed German Pickle ornament of legend here.

5 comments:

pickles said...

Thanks for linking to us;) And you suoer nice comments!

Hilary said...

I LOVE Pickles! I've been following them for a little while now and want to make everything they've designed. The Cable Band and Cable Cowl are other faves of mine (which also make me want to get bundled up and go explore a Norwegian forest)...plus their gorgeous home decor items look like so much fun!

Julie said...

It's so ridiculously cold here today, that looking at these pretty knitted bits of warmth are absolutely heaven! I love the colours, too.

alittlebitofscrap said...

Thanks for introducing me to something new. I really like the scarf. Very pretty.

LittleCanoe said...

I love Pickles. i've been waiting impatiently for the holidays to end, so I can start one of their amazing designs!