Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Legwarmers Part 2



.... and after much procrastination here is installment 2 of my legwarmers. Oh so very usful and fun to knit - very easy to get creative with, and try out new cables :)
These ones were made with one skein of Victorian Pink colourway of NatureSpun 100% wool. Soft and comfortable. If you'll notice, one of the two bottom cuffs curls up. This was because I cast off using the usual, regular, plain-jane cast off. This was not good.
So, I tried out the backstitch cast off from my wonderful Knitter's Handbook by Montse Stanely (page 89, if you're interested).
I know other patterns for legwarmers don't call for you to sew in an elastic, but I've done so for all mine. I found that they were far too loose, and kept falling down. The elastic I used was just about 1/4 inch wide, and I just wrapped it around my leg, made a mark, and sew it one end to the other. Then I just used some of the left over yarn and stitched it into the top band of the ribbing.





Got to love the extreme close up!




No comments: