Friday, September 26, 2014

Indie Designer Revisit

Designer: Holly Chayes
Blog: Holly Chayes
Rav ID: hollychayes
Some Great Designs: hollychayes's Rav Designer Page
Original Indie Designer Post: November 5, 2010

Four years ago (wow!), when I first profiled hollychayes, I highlighted her lace design.
It's great to see she's still working with this strength, and I've a few goodies to show you:

The show-stopping shawl pictured is Tumbling Deco, and I don't think I even have to tell you why this is such a great design. I love that shape: it looks like it'll hug around your shoulders and neck perfectly. I love that structured, geometric pattern: it's refreshing to see in a lace shawl, which are generally much more organic and "feminine". And the name?: Fantastic!

Yuki, part of the collection Shawls to Play With, is both interesting to knit and look at.
The collection is described as simple shawl patterns, "designed to open up a new world of shawl knitting possibilities". And I have to agree! Other pieces include Gratia, Xylia, and Idril.

Asymmetrical Bluebells is one of those very wearable shawls, with its long, narrow, triangular shape and fun, garter texture as background. You don't see that enough!

Looking at her work, you can see that hollychayes takes the traditional lace shawl and has the talent to mix it up.

ps: I had to add in Birds of a Feather Tam because, well, feathers!!

No comments: