Wednesday, September 24, 2014

New-to-Me Yarnny Beauties

The other week when I visited the Kitchener-Waterloo Knitter's Fair I had my yarn-scanny goggles on for new-to-me products.

I had a limited amount of time to look around the many vendors, but it didn't take me long to locate two who had to come home with me AND who I knew I'd have to mention on this here bloggy.

The first is Yarn Indulgences.
Why it caught my eye: Their booth had an attractive array of multi-colour yarns in a few different weights. There were a few solids/semi-solids, but this may not have been representative of their true offerings as I made it there in the afternoon, after they had most likely been picked-over.

What came home with me: As you see in this pic, I brought home two hanks of their fingering weight (because I can't resist this weight, dammit!) in Peach Rose. I have visions of fringed shawls dancing in my head. Because I feel that fringe is my New Big Thing.

The second yarn that called to me was Georgian Bay Fibre Co.
Why it caught my eye: Just look at that photo! Beautiful solids in the best range of colours. Classic neutrals and exciting brights. One of my favourite things about this yarn company is the creator's colour sensibility. Each one is thoughtfully presented to you as a package of beautiful yarn, and inspiration.
Maybe it's my soft-spot for Ontario, and even that particular part of it, but I thought it was the best of finishing touches when, upon my four different colour purchase, matching postcards explaining and illustrating the colour inspiration were presented to me.
(checking out her Instagram will show you some of this same colour thoughtfulness. @gbfibreco)

What came home with me: See here my four colours. Don't you want them too! What they will become is a mystery, but I'm thoroughly in love with these sheepy-smelling (yet soft) hanks. I hope you'll see a finished design with this impressive yarn in the coming months!

1 comment:

Julie said...

oooh, such gorgeous new yarns!! they looks so soft and awesome.