Friday, August 07, 2009

Indie Designer Day

PhotobucketDesigner: Ditte Lerche
Knit Blog: Dittelerche
Design Blog: Spot On: TEXTILES
Rav ID: Lerche
Some Great Designs: Lerche's Rav Designer Page

Want to get inside a textile designer's head? Check out Lerche's beautiful work and websites!

As a student at the Danish Design School in Copenhagen, it's not surprising that her knitwear stuns. Pictured right is her Mutant Knitwear One. How amazing is this piece? It looks like it's jumped off the pages of Vogue! Her blog is chock full of inspirational, atmospheric photos. I'm a big fan of her recent post re: Sonia Rykiel knitwear exhibition. Check it out.

Another demonstration of her cool textural and spatial aesthetic is her Mini Poncho or... . I want one, and I don't even know what the front looks like!

Keep your eyes peeled - her website is coming soon. Can't wait to see it!

3 comments:

LittleCanoe said...

Wow! She's really amazing.

Hilary said...

Don't tell my boss...after you posted this, I spent about an hour looking through Ditte's blogs and Rav pages. I am now feeling incredibly inspired...but not to do anything that has to do with my day job. :) Thank you so much for this great profile!

Team Knit said...

oh wow, her designs are so incredible!

- Julie