I've been keeping busy with some prep work:
- cutting out patterns
- finding matching zippers, threads and buttons
- organizing my sewing space
- making sure I have some new needles
- oiling and cleaning my machine (check out this free Craftsy class for tips!)
- checking for advice, mods, and any errors for my chosen patterns (with google and Pattern Review)
Some of the patterns I'm hoping to sew are pieces I've never tried before. And some are retro patterns (like the image above).
I'm no expert on sewing patterns, never mind the history of them, but I find it interesting that all of the pre-1980s patterns I have come with only ONE size. Modern patterns are multi-sized. Anyone know what gives with this? (that said, here's some interesting info/tips on retro patterns).
I also wanted to share: a few weeks ago I asked for you all to vote on which shrug I should knit. The winner by a landslide was Radial!
1Join me and create your own capsule wardrobe for this spring and summer!