Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Jar Yarn

Picture Post!
Photobucket
What to do with leftover yarns? You use those leftover Mason Jars and make your yarn collection multitask as decoration. Although, it is pertinent to note that I do not have an insect problem in my apartment, and so can, without fear, allow my yarn to roam free in this manner.
Photobucket
There's a few things missing from this pic - firstly my tea (and I don't usually knit without it). Also, my pjs (which is my knitting uniform). Finally my boyfriend, who was kind enough to take the photo, and is long-suffering and consistently indulgent to my knitting whims. You know how they make those jokes about sports widows? Methinks he might be a knit widower.

ETA: There's been a few questions regarding the armchair pictured above. The chair in which I sit is this one from IKEA. It is very comfortable, fairly durable (I've had it for a few years) but not recommended for those with mobility issues/elderly/those with arthritis, etc... One has to sort of throw your weight forward to get out of it.

14 comments:

Clumsy Knitter said...

LOL I knit in my sweats and call them my 'uniform' too. :) Those jars are really cute...I might have to give them a try.

Sarah said...

Ooo! Love your chair. I am planning on buyig the same one on Monday (same upholstery too . . . not to sound like a stalker). Anyway, how do you like it? Is it comfortable to knit in? Has it held up well? Thanks for the info!!!

juicyknits said...

Cute! And may I ask: what's next on the needles? Looks like a sweater. ;-)

Anonymous said...

That chair looks so comfy! Is it from Ikea? I need a new chair I may have to get one of those :)

Susan said...

The mason jars work perfectly for left-over yarn-bits. Looks great!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love your yarn jars. Great idea! Also, that chair looks perfect for knitting. Where did you get it?

Mama T said...

Nice to see the Harry Potters and the Diana Gabaldons in the background :) Some good diversionary reading, in between knits.

Sel and Poivre said...

'Love that jar shot!

knit.com.pt said...

I can't believe it!! That is the perfect word for my husband! *laughs*!!! He IS a knit widow!! Had never thought of that!!

Hilary said...

I absolutely adore the jar yarn idea, and I love how you've grouped the colors! I may copy you...

And "knit widower" is such a great way to put it! Ah, the poor men in the lives of knitters....I'm afraid my dear husband only thinks I keep him around to take blog photos for me.

Team Knit said...

I did the jar in jars, too! I've got a series of three specimen style vacuum seal jars for the yarn, and i agree- it's an awesome way to incorporate it into the general decor.... other than just leaving WIPs out all over the place, like I usually do....

- Julie

Walden said...

I just love the yarn in the jars!

Poethead said...

Love the jars! I also love your knitting attire--pj's! Mine too1

Erin Heather said...

I knit in my IKEA chair, too.