I've been planning my capsule wardrobe for Spring/Summer 2015.
- I started by going through both my favourites/queued on Ravelry, and my extensive sewing pattern collection and fabric stash.
- I made a list that was much more sewing heavy than knitting, which I suppose makes sense, Spring/Summer not being the heartland of knitwear wearing!
- I drew out the silhouettes of the dresses, skirts, and shirts that I was thinking of sewing, making sure there was a bit of variety in shape and style.
- I was then realistic about what I really wanted to get to: I did have shorts and rompers on my list, but with the number of dresses I was eyeing up I thought it best to get through them before I tried to tackle those other garments.
- Selecting the fabrics to go with the patterns was a great bit of fun: I've invested heavily in cute cotton prints, which should keep me covered for the adorable bespoke dress for quite some time.
- The colour palette was, in essence, already selected for me. I did have some leeway in making sure everything wasn't just blue! But one of my motivations for this wardrobe is to use the materials I have, and so my hands were somewhat tied in the colour-palette regard.
- I also tried to make sure I had a mix of patterns I had worked with before, and ones that were new to me. I get excited about new patterns, but they're of course untested, and so having some old-reliables on hand is a nice fall back in case the newbies are frustrating.
Are YOU interested in creating a capsule wardrobe for yourself?
Join the capsule wardrobe fun on the Canary Knits Ravelry group.