Friday, March 30, 2012

Indie Designer Revisited

PhotobucketDesigner: Thea Colman
Blog: Babycocktails
Rav ID: babycocktails
Some Great Designs: babycocktails' Rav Designer Page
Original Indie Designer Post: May 7, 2010

I love designers. They inspire me so much.

Especially when I see the prolific and consistently high-quality out-put of talented people like babycocktails.

It was almost exactly two years ago when I first profiled this knitter, and whoo boy, has she given me a lot to talk about!

This is just a brief tasting of the wonderful work babycocktails has done. She's one of those designers who's adept at designing different types of garments, with a variety of design elements. That's no easy task!

It was difficult to pick and choose what to talk about in this post, but I've decided to limit myself to three:

The most recent publication, Vodka Lemonade, you see pictured at the top. With instructions made easy-to-modify, this vintage-vibe spring sweater is both adorable and eye catching. I have a crush on it. Might be the colour, too. Good choice!

Many of babycocktails' patterns are self-published. I get really inspired when I see successful designers who work like this. You can also find at least one of her pieces, Allegheny, published in Brooklyn Tweed's Wool People, along with other fantastic designers such as Stephen West, Anne Hanson, Gudrun Johnston and Olga Buraya-Kefelian.

I have a thing for luscious cables and legwarmers. Vernors Legwarmers is right up my alley: so very pretty, so very functional.

I'd also like to point out her blog: it's really a great read. So, not only is she a fantastic designer, she can write too! I've got yet another knitting idol to look up to! Thanks for the great designs, and looking forward to all to come.

2 comments:

Thea said...

Thank you for your very kind words!
I'll try to keep the patterns
coming :-)

WorstedKnitt said...

I've seen this on Pinterest so many times! It really is gorgeous.