Friday, March 23, 2012

Indie Designer Day

PhotobucketDesigner: Emma Grivelli
Rav ID: emmacr
Some Great Designs: emmacr's Rav Designer Page

As the season begins to turn its mind to warmer times, I find it difficult to let go of my cool-weather knitting desires.

There's just too much lovely stuff out there!

To satisfy some cooler springtime knitting, you can look to this week's designer, emmacr.

First up is her embrace. You'd think a cabled top is a cabled top, but this particular cabled top does one of those things I love; the bottom edge ribbing plays wonderfully up into the cables across the body. But the twist here is the length at which those ribs turn into cables. I really dig the extra few inches of ribbing for the central panel!

Another great seasonally-shifting piece is her beret in english. I like this simple wee beret: just the right touch of lace, just the right amount of movement created by the yarn overs and shaping.

But before I bop off to rock with the Rockin Robin (who, incidentally, has been rockin in the tree tops all day long), I'd like to point out the riziere dress. Ah, a dress in fingering weight yarn. A designer after my own heart!

No comments: