Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Indie Designer Day

PhotobucketDesigner: Elisa McLaughlin
Blog: elisa mclaughlin designs
Rav ID: elisajoy
Some Great Designs: elisajoy's Rav Designer Page

With a great selection of hats/head accessories, this week's designer has patterns that make a great transition from chilly wintery winds to crisp, springtime mornings.

First, I'll show you the wintery stuff.

The picture is of the very pretty Reversible Smocked Hat. I'm keen on it for a few reasons: one of which is the reversibility. I love the just-the-right-amount of slouch, and I've been known to squeal in delight at pom poms. I'm a simple being, sometimes.

The Amazon Stripe Beanie is a really cool, unique-looking hat. With a nifty cinched part, and simple lines of ridges, the texture just pounces on you. This makes for a great March/April hat.

Lastly, I'll point you to the Parisian Twist Headband. This ear warmer is simply elegant: a nice wrap-over twist makes an easy-level project look technically tricky, and gives you a fantastic accessory that can carry you from winter to spring.

2 comments:

LittleCanoe said...

Wow! Really great stuff, I can't wait to try some of these out. I adore that first hat, it's perfect!

Julie said...

what a beautiful hat!! I love it, and that headband is so chic.