Friday, December 19, 2008

Indie Designer Day

Longoria - on blog
Designer: Katarzyna Tarasik
Blog: Fiubzdziu
Rav ID: fiubzdziu
Some Great Designs: fiubzdziu's Rav Designer Page

Generously offering her patterns for free, fiubzdziu is another addition to my list of awesome designers who utilize the power of simple lines, shapes and textures to wonderful results.
Pictured right is the fantastic Longoria's Something cardigan. I particularly enjoy the innovative twist on the open-cardi concept, with the tall neck and large buttons placed thereupon.
A great wrap-sweater is her Purple Haze. The lace is a simple repeat with great effect on the FO.
Her most recent addition is Romance, a subtley puff-sleeved cardigan that looks incredible with a nice leather belt. The neckline detail and sleeve-lace make this garment a perfect wardrobe basic.

________________
This'll be my last profile of 2008 - back in the new year!

7 comments:

soknitpicky said...

I've been eyeing that Longoria cardigan!

Brendaknits said...

These are great designs. Thanks for sharing.

juicyknits said...

This Eva's jacket has been in my queue for ages - it'll be one of my first 2009 projects

Les said...

Beautiful work. I have serious envy of that long neck Katarzyna has. In my early 50's, I have finally accepted the fact that I will never have a long graceful neck nor will I ever be described as sophisticated, sigh!!

Susan said...

That is absolutely stunning! Have a happy holiday. Looking forward to your blog in 2009.

Hilary said...

I need that cardigan immediately. Thanks for another great profile!

And Merry Christmas to you!!

Anonymous said...

I am sorry, but this sweater has been deciphered by many people on Russian knitting forum board actually, and there is another person who posted that pattern for free on Ravelry in English. I think that making a knock off and claiming some other designer's work (who happens to work for Express) as their own is just wrong.