Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Bake that Orange!

Photobucket
When the needles go silent, the oven starts up. Fruit-laden Christmas trees are my bag.

Photobucket
As is this.
They turned out pretty good. It's actually all the dry ingredients for some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.

Quick survey!
As you can tell, I'm thoroughly into my Christmas baking. I wanted to make me some empire cookies, but I'm not sure if the cookie itself is traditionally a shortbread or a sugar cookie. So, how do you make your empire cookies?

4 comments:

Poethead said...

What are Empire Cookies???

Teresa said...

Good question - They're those "sandwich" cookies with the jam between (usually strawberry, I think) and the white icing on top, and usually with a cherry-bit on top of that. Very yum!

petra said...

I have no idea what empire cookies are either, but I got a good chuckle out of your post because I just have a very similar Christmas/baking (no knitting) post. Good luck with those cookies. I would think shortbread would go well with jam, but that's just me!

Anonymous said...

I know nothing of Empire Cookies, but Oatmeal Chocolate chip is my faaaaavorite cookie. Too many oatmeal cookies come in the raisin variety -- it's all chocolate, all the time for me.