Friday, January 11, 2013

Indie Designer Day

Designer: Christine Guest
Blog: Christine Guest Designs
Rav ID: ChristineGuest
Some Great Designs: Christine Guest's Rav Designer Page

Warm up with the fun designs of ChrsitineGuest!

First up, The Holly Mittens. I superlove the 3D holly. The berries are created though bobbles (created as you go) and the leaves are appliqued on afterwards.
They look so warm and cozy, and the holly keeps me thinking of Christmas without being totally Christmassy.

The Attelboro Sweater, a crocheted garment, utilizes two colours of yarn to highlight a pretty, lacy yoke and comfy long sleeved sweater. It's got a great story, too:
When I was a High School Student in the 1980’s, I wanted to make a cozy sweater that took the best of current fashion, and something a princess would wear while fighting along side Robin Hood.
Thankfully, what I got was this sweater.
Lastly, I'd like to point you all to the Herringbone Parallelogram Scarf.  A basic and attractive unisex pattern, this piece is written with the option of four different yarn weights. I love that idea! Why didn't I think of it before! Creating such a versatile yet simple pattern, and making it even more accessible to people by writing it up in a variety of weights. Fantastic!

No comments: