Friday, October 30, 2009

Indie Designer Day

PhotobucketDesigner: Zoë Scheffy
Blog: Seaside Knitting
Etsy Shop: Seaside Knitting
Rav ID: Luome-Cloudberry
Some Great Designs: Luome-Cloudberry's Rav Designer Page

Evocative of oceanside beauty, tempests and mists, this week's designer Luome-Cloudberry presents us with a lovely catalogue of attractive knit designs.

Her Agean Sea Shrug (pictured) gracefully mimics waves and texture; I can almost feel the undulous gathers and bumpy stitches beneath my fingers!

By now I'm sure everyone knows about my extreme love of autumn, and Luome-Cloudberry's Enchanted Forest Fingerless Gloves are perhaps the most beautiful of their kind I've ever seen. There's been many-a-time I've wanted to incorporate various lace trim into my knitting, and I think these gloves are the perfect solution.

Lastly is the lovely Box-Pleat Top. The shape and texture are so interesting, it's fantastically graceful.

Make sure to stop by her Rav Designer Page, as there are many other of her designs to ogle!

If you really love her work, she's published a volume of 9 patterns at Blurb.com
You can preview the first 15 pages at Blurb.com or through a link at http://www.seasideknittingpatterns.com.

3 comments:

Samurai Mom said...

WOWZER. I lvoe the Box pleat pattern and the ruffly fingerless arm warmers

Team Knit said...

gorgeous designs! I love that box pleat top.

- Julie

Hilary said...

That shrug is divine! I am completely obsessed with ruching right now, and I love how she incorporated it into that garment. Those mitts are so pretty, too!