Friday, October 09, 2009

Indie Designer Day

PhotobucketDesigner: Betsy Farquhar
Etsy Shop: Good Egg
Rav ID: elf518
Some Great Designs: elf518's Rav Projects Page

I'll make notes along the way when I'm looking into who to profile for these here Indie Designer days. The initial notes I made for this kickass designer were:

So Funky and awesome
need a micro sweater NOW!

And how :)

Our fashion-creator extraordinaire this week is elf518 - a person with incredible style, bright aesthetic and items that she wonderfully sells on her etsy shop (listed above).

Pictured is Ume Blossom Shrug, and believe me, it was difficult to choose which pattern to post a photo of. On her profile page on rav she sort of denigrates her photo-taking skills (using the timer is so what I do too!) but I don't think she could have chosen a better background and top to wear for the showing-off of this cool wee shrug (there's also a version of this beautiful item in monochrome, so check out the project page).

Riffing on the same fair isle shapes but in different garments are Cotton Candy and Lemon Drop Stem and Leaf Cowl and Stem and Leaf Sweater. I don't think I can say how much I enjoy her colour palette.

And now to the Micro Sweater. Clicking on that link will show you why it's way awesomecool. Her idea of knitting a sweater in parts is innovative, unique and fascinating. Check it out in the notes on that project page too.

The pretty Faux Bois Cowl Natural is so inspiring - I find all her work inspiring!
Please have a look at her etsy shop, projects and designer pages on rav. They're brimming with eye-candyful designs.

4 comments:

alittlebitofscrap said...

Wow. Stunningly amazing. love the colors. This looks like it could be a lot of fun to knit up. Thanks!

miastick said...

Thank you for posting this- so inspiring! Love her!

Team Knit said...

wow, so inspiring!! great knits.

- Julie

Hilary said...

YES, her colour palette is amazing!! And did you see herLED cowl and robot/fair isle mash-up sweater?? This gal is amazing. And I am inspired!